• Wood sealer for rough, sawn or smooth timber.
• Contains a water repellent resins and a biocide film wood preserver.
• Prevents the surface growth of mould/algae and helps reduce decay, swelling, twisting of wood etc.
• Helps protect wood from UV damage.
• Deep penetrating oil/spirit low odour formula.
• Harmless to beneficial insects and plants when dry.
• Available in a variety of colours.
• Supplied in a 5 litre tin.
Barrettine’s Wood Protector is a wood sealer for rough, sawn or smooth timber. It contains water repellent resins and a biocide film wood preserver to prevent the surface growth of mould/algae and together this helps reduce decay, swelling, twisting of wood. Pigments have good UV fade resistance and will help protect wood from UV damage.
Barrettine’s Wood Protector is an ideal treatment for outdoor Treated timber structures such as Sheds, Fences, Trellis, Pergola and timber Gazeboes. As a wood sealer it provides excellent water repellency/beading. Oil / Spirit based for deeper penetration leaving a transparent/translucent finish colour effect to wood, where the grain texture is still visible. Available in a range of colours and clear, see colour swatch below. (Not ideal for decking or garden furniture structures as rub resistance may not be sufficient).
• UV Fade Resistant Colour Wood Stains / Pigments.
• Deep Penetrating Oil/Spirit Low Odour Formula.
• Harmless To Beneficial Insects & Plants When Dry.
Can be sprayed with a traditional pump action Garden style sprayer with viton seals. Protective treatment can also be sprayed using an airless sprayer (Wagner or Graco type) ideally using a minimum 1mm flat fan tip nozzle (9 – 11 thou tip). The sprayer must be thoroughly cleaned after application with white spirit and then oiled to protect the tip and moving parts (as per manufacturer’s instructions)
The colour swatches are an indication only and representative of the product applied to clean new/pale timber. The final colour finish can vary considerably due to the age, type & condition of the timber being treated. We always recommend carrying out a test area first in an inconspicuous area to make sure you are happy with the final dried colour.