Westland Citrus Potting Mix is a specially blended mix offering free drainage and the perfect balance of nutrients for healthy citrus plants.
Citrus trees are best potted on in the Spring before they start active growth but the can be potted on any time during the summer.
• Choose a pot larger than the old one, ensuring it has adequate drainage holes.
• Cover the base of the pot with crocks to ensure good drainage.
• Place a layer of potting mix in the bottom of the pot and gently tap the old plant from it's pot.
• Fill in around the edges with more Citrus Potting Mix ensuring the top feeder roots are covered with 2cm of fresh potting mix.
• Water well and keep in light shade for a few weeks to allow roots to grow.
Water thoroughly when required using rain water where possible. Do not allow plant to stand in water. Spraying the plants daily with water will keep them cool and encourage pollination of flowers.