If you don't want to use poison to control vermin, the alternative is the good old fashioned trap.
How to bait your Rat Trap:
• Place trap at right angles to rat run or wall, with the treadle next to the run or wall .
• Bait with fish, meat or bacon hooked over the treadle.
• Do not set - leave for one week.
• Renew with a light bait, hooking it over the treadle and placing the majority of the weight towards the end nearest the spring.
• Place trap in left hand pulling back the square with the right hand and placing left thumb on square.
• Place lever over square with right hand and slide the treadle hole on to the lever.
• Gradually release pressure on square with left thumb and place trap in position on floor taking care to keep fingers clear of the striking area.