A composted soil conditioner that improves soil fertility; releases plant nutrients slowly and encourages vigorous plant root systems.
Greengrow Bed n Border is a good source of essential trace elements and supports the activity of soil micro-organisms that convert soil nutrients into forms available to plants. Laboratory studies have shown that it can give effective control of economically important crop diseases, such as club root on brassicas, white rot on onions, stem canker and black scurf on potatoes.
pH around 8.9
Greengrow can be used as a general soil conditioner, working 25-40mm into the top 150mm of topsoil. A more generous application to the surface will act as a mulch.
Other applications include:
- Improving the soil in municipal parks planting beds.
- Adding to the (barest of) topsoil on new housing developments.
- Providing a substrate for potted Christmas trees.
- Landscaping and tree planting on new highway developments.
- Soil conditioning for turf growers.
- Soil conditioning for allotment holders and commercial growers.
- Soil conditioning for farmers and particularly organic growers.
- Improving the planting beds in the gardens of stately homes and other tourist attractions (Coughton Court and Studley Castle near Redditch, Sudeley Castle near Winchcombe, Hampton Court, near Leominster).
- Substrate preparation for new sports fields.
- Remediation of contaminated land.
- Growing media in earth retaining structures.
• BULKBAG - (0.5 CU.M) each bag covers approx 10sq.m.
• LOOSE TIP - (0.5 CU.M) each loose tip covers approx 10sq.m.
All sizes & measurements are approximate and are based on a depth of 50mm (2").
Loose orders are only available for locations within our standard delivery zones and cannot be mixed with any other loose or bulk bag products.
If you require a mixture of loose and/or bulk bag products, you must either place two separate orders or order all goods to be bagged.
Due to vehicle weight & volume limitations, loose orders are limited to a maximum of six (3cu.m) per delivery. You may order more than six per order however, each additional delivery (up to 3cu.m each) will be charged at 50% of the first delivery when placed on a single order. Our sales team will contact you once your order is placed to confirm any additional charges. Please contact us on 01564 702314 if you require a quote.